Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday

The five days free promotion at Amazon.com is going well, with 133 copies of the Kindle version downloaded on the first day!

The morning was spent packaging up books to mail: two to friends to whom I owed books, one to my sister, whose friend wanted to buy a signed copy, and one to the Cooperative Children's Book Center at UW Madison. If they like the book, they will add it to their collection. (If I'm really, really super lucky, they might mention it in their annual list of choices! :D )

I had hoped to spend some time drawing Aji's Quest, but just really didn't feel like it. Probably partly because it's been a hot day, and partly because I never heard back from Tiger's Mouth whether they were interested in having the comic on their site, or whether it was okay to have their characters make a cameo appearance. Since they would appear on the page after the next, I think I am dragging my feet a little in hope of an answer. If I don;t hear back, I guess I will use generic characters for that scene.

On the up side, I found a little notebook full of notes I made back when I first started the Castle Crabapple books, all about Druzilla's family background and the world's geography. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment